The grinding machine G400 is a light, powerful, compact and versatile grinder, suitable for rapidly carrying out the main process of taping and grinding of ferrules and typical manufactured items for boilers as:
- back gaugingfor welding root removal
- polishing of dish ends, vessels, cones, poles etc
- tack – welded edges preparation by grinding
- welding seam over-thickness removal
The use of the grinding machine G400 means a solid evolution in all grinding operations on boilers and pressure vessels manufacturing environmental, with result of following advantages compared with manual execution by single operator with angle grinder:
- Time save up 80% for back gauging operation
- High material rate removal
- No thermal alteration (heat affected zone) of welding area
- Same job accuracy all over work piece
- Vibrations free
- Electronic control of the removal rate.
- Safety & working condition improvement
- Drop of injury on duty (grinding sparks, tendinitis, sprains, stress fractures) due to extended angle grinder handling time
The electronic control of the grinder head retract the head itsefl when meeting ovality on the work pieace causing overrate of removed material.
Operator must then restore the correct feeding rate of grinding disc on the vessel.